Science Suncatcher Set
Colourful chemical reactions carefully replicated as hand-crafted, tiny models in laboratory glassware, with videos of the real chemistry that inspired them!
These make beautiful, sparkly sun-catchers, Christmas ornaments, desk and plant decorations and more... Perfect to inspire and educate children, or anyone who loves science!
- Set of four different models, representing four chemistry practicals
- Each set comes with QR codes that link to online videos where we demonstrate the real chemistry that inspired each decoration. Decoration with education!
- Dimensions: test tubes ~10cm long, conical flask height ~6cm, beaker height ~3.8cm
- Hand made: each one is unique (and so may vary slightly from photos)
- Contains 100% plastic-free, biodegradable bio-glitter (see details below)
- Made of laboratory grade borosilicate glass which is more shock resistant and temperature resistant than ordinary glass
- Filled with epoxy resin
- Note, these are models only and do not contain any of the actual chemicals described in the chemistry!
We use "Bio-Glitter". After much research it turns out that most "biodegradable glitters" are not so biodegradable after all (read more here). We use "Bio-glitter", which has been independently certified to biodegrade in normal conditions in the natural environment, including in fresh water. It is 100% plastic-free and is made from regenerated eucalyptus cellulose that is responsibly sourced.
Card and packaging:
Your set comes in plastic-free packaging and recycled card. We use paper not plastic tape.
No hidden costs
Postage and packing is free (using only recycled and recyclable, plastic-free packaging).
VAT is already included.
The price you see is the price you pay!