Science decoration set (free postage)
Colourful chemical reactions carefully replicated as hand-crafted models with videos demonstrating the actual chemistry that inspired them!
These tiny models are made with real laboratory glassware and make beautiful, sparkly plant or Christmas decorations, desk ornaments and more...
Perfect to inspire and educate children, or anyone who loves science!
- Included is one set of four different models, representing four chemistry practicals (potassium permanganate diffusion, cabbage pH indicator, lead II nitrate + potassium iodide precipitation and Benedict's reagent test for simple sugars).
- Each set comes with QR codes that link to online videos where we demonstrate the actual chemistry that inspired each decoration. Decoration with education!
- Dimensions: test tubes ~7.5cm long, conical flask height ~6cm, beaker height ~3.8cm
- Hand crafted: each one is unique but made with equal care and attention to detail, they may vary slightly from photos.
- Contains 100% plastic-free, biodegradable bio-glitter (see details below)
- Made of laboratory grade borosilicate glass which is more shock resistant and temperature resistant than ordinary glass
- Filled with epoxy resin
- Note, these are models only and do not contain any of the actual chemicals described in the chemistry!
We use "Bio-Glitter". After much research it turns out that most "biodegradable glitters" are not so biodegradable after all (read more here). We use "Bio-glitter", which has been independently certified to biodegrade in normal conditions in the natural environment, including in fresh water. It is 100% plastic-free and is made from regenerated eucalyptus cellulose that is responsibly sourced.
Card and packaging:
Your set comes in plastic-free packaging and recycled card. We use paper not plastic tape.
No hidden costs
Postage and packing is free (using only recycled and recyclable, plastic-free packaging).
VAT is already included.
The price you see is the price you pay!
Take me to: