- Practical Science
- Practical Science for 11-16s: Qualitative chemical tests for nutrients
Practical Science for 11-16s: Qualitative chemical tests for nutrients
Monday 23rd January 2023
Location: Wesley Hall, Crookes, Sheffield.
Links to Edexcel specification 2.9 practical: investigate food samples for the presence of glucose, starch, protein and fat.
Students will be supported to identify unknown substances using a range of chemical reagents and then to apply they knowledge to identify nutrients in real foods. They will be supported to develop the experimental skills that are assessed in IGCSE examinations. They will have opportunities to further their knowledge and understanding of the structure and digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and sugars and to develop exam technique and understanding of key words and terminology.
All tasks are carefully differentiated to allow students at any stage of their IGCSE journey to access learning at a level that is suitable to them individually.
Included with your booking:
- Small group (max. 10) tuition and guidance from a fully qualified and exam-experienced (PGCE, QTS) science teacher
- All equipment, materials and resources for practical, experimental science and activity-focused tuition.
- Exam questions, mark schemes and model answers to take home
- Room hire, tax, comprehensive public liability insurance, heating (and hand gel!)
Upon booking you will receive an automated receipt of your payment by email. You will receive a further email from Sparking STEM within 24 hours with confirmation of your booking and a link to complete registration for your student(s). Registration will provide you with the opportunity to notify Sparking STEM of any particular needs your child may have.
Please check your junk / spam folder. If you have not heard received confirmation of your booking within 24 hours and contact Sparking STEM.
Please read the following policies carefully registrations cannot be processed without agreement to these policies:
By making this booking you are agreeing to the cancellation policy.