Catapults and levers for 11-16s
Tuesday 19th September 2023: 2.10 to 3pm (Online STEM)
Experience the power of levers!
+ Build catapults!
+ Experiment with the design to learn about levers, pivots and fulcrums
+ Watch exciting demonstrations!
+ Learn about the law of levers and identify some lever classes
Your home-education journal is already written!
Your booking confirmation will include a digital download containing joining instructions and link, equipment list and a summary of the keywords, key concepts and student activities planned for this session. You can simply copy, paste and adapt it for your home-education journal and use it to help you discuss the learning with your child afterwards.
Equipment (To join an entirely optional practical)
It is a good idea to have a whiteboard or paper, pen, ruler and calculator to hand in each session.
- Ruler (rigid / non- bendy) or similar piece of wood
- Coins (at least 10 of the same type)
- A pencil or pen
- A few elastic bands
- Teaspoon (ideally plastic or lightweight)
- A few lolly sticks, ideally large / jumbo ones
- Blue tack / plasticine / similar
- Full unopened tin of food (eg tin of beans)
- Metal kife (normal cutlery, not sharp)
- Glue stick or similarly thick cylinder shape
- Pom poms / cotton wool balls / tissue paper
- Calculator, paper and pen
Price is for one device (screen) to join for one session.
Upon booking you will receive a digital download (available for one year) with joining instructions and link, equipment list, home-ed journal text and registration form link (for photography consent form and opportunity to let us know any relevant needs),