Wonderful waves! For 11-16s
Tuesday 20th February 2023: 2.10-3pm
Make your own wave model!
+ Learn about different waves types and patterns
+ Watch exciting demonstrations!
+ Make a wave machine model!
+ Learn about various types of wave, wave patterns and wave measurements
Your home-education journal is already written!
Your booking confirmation will include a digital download containing joining instructions and link, equipment list and a summary of the keywords, key concepts and student activities planned for this session. You can simply copy, paste and adapt it for your home-education journal and use it to help you discuss the learning with your child afterwards.
Equipment (To join an entirely optional practical)
It is a good idea to have a whiteboard or paper, pen, ruler and calculator to hand in each session.
- A bowl of water (take care near electronics)
- A torch
- pipette / syringe / teaspoon
- Two (full unopened) food tins
- Another two full tins or stacks of books of similar height
- Sticky tape
- At least 15 lolly sticks / kebab skewers or similar (take care with pointed ends), raw spaghetti also works if using soft sweets or plasticine. The sticks all need to be the same.
- Plasticine (ideally pre-rolled into 30 equal, marble-sized balls) or about 30 sweets such as “midget gems / “jelly babies” (these can be reused or eaten later!) If using lolly sticks, plasticine (or similar) works better than sweets.
Links suggest sources of appropriate resources
Price is for one device (screen) to join for one session.
Upon booking you will receive a digital download (available for one year) with joining instructions and link, equipment list, home-ed journal text and registration form link (for photography consent form and opportunity to let us know any relevant needs),