Endothermic (cold) reactions - make bath bombs! For 11-16s
Tuesday 5th March 2023: 2.10 - 3pm
Conduct an endothermic reaction and make bath bombs!
+ Feel the cold of an endothermic reaction!
+ Watch exciting demonstrations!
+ Make bath bombs!
+ Learn about Energy level diagrams and enthalpy
Your home-education journal is already written!
Your booking confirmation will include a digital download containing joining instructions and link, equipment list and a summary of the keywords, key concepts and student activities planned for this session. You can simply copy, paste and adapt it for your home-education journal and use it to help you discuss the learning with your child afterwards.
Equipment (To join an entirely optional practical.
It is a good idea to have a whiteboard or paper, pen, ruler and calculator to hand in each session.
- Vinegar (any kind, min. 100mL) (avoid contact with eyes)
- Bicarbonate of soda (Min. 150g)
- Citric acid (min. 50g)
- Test tubes / boiling tubes / jars / small glasses, beakers or conical flasks
- Tray / plate to contain spills
- Thermometer if you have one (not essential)
- Cup cake cases, or silicon moulds
- Mixing bowl
- A few small bowls or saucers
- Mixing / desert spoon
- 2 teaspoons
- Pipettes / droppers / syringes
- (optional) Food colouring
- Optional: A few drops of essential oil eg. lavender, citrus or zest of a lemon or orange
- Optional: A (ready made) bath bomb and bowl of water
- Cloth / dustpan or brush for clear up
- Eye protection recommended
Links offer suggested sources of suitable materials.
Price is for one device (screen) to join for one session.
Upon booking you will receive a digital download (available for one year) with joining instructions and link, equipment list, home-ed journal text and registration form link (for photography consent form and opportunity to let us know any relevant needs),