- Practical Science
- Practical Science for 11-16s: Heart biology and dissection
Practical Science for 11-16s: Heart biology and dissection
Monday 16th January 2023
Location: Wesley Hall, Crookes, Sheffield.
Students will be supported to investigate the structure and function of the heart and circulatory system and to carry out a dissection on real hearts (lamb). Each student has their own lamb's heart to dissect, if they wish. They will be guided to develop exam technique and understanding of key words and terminology.
Please note that this practical uses real lamb organs. Halaal organs may be supplied upon request. Please add a note to your booking or send an email when you book.
Minimum participant numbers: Please note that this session has a minimum participant number policy and could be cancelled if there are too few participants. Should this happen you would, of course, be refunded in full.
Included with your booking:
- Small group (max. 10) tuition and guidance from a fully qualified and exam-experienced (PGCE, QTS) science teacher
- All equipment, materials and resources for practical, experimental science and activity-focused tuition.
- Exam questions, mark schemes and model answers to take home
- Room hire, tax, comprehensive public liability insurance, heating (and hand gel!)
Upon booking you will receive an automated receipt of your payment by email. You will receive a further email from Sparking STEM within 24 hours with confirmation of your booking and a link to complete registration for your student(s). Registration will provide you with the opportunity to notify Sparking STEM of any particular needs your child may have.
Please check your junk / spam folder. If you have not heard received confirmation of your booking within 24 hours and contact Sparking STEM.
Please read the following policies carefully registrations cannot be processed without agreement to these policies:
By making this booking you are agreeing to the cancellation policy.