- Practical Science
- Practical Science for 11-16s: Refraction and dispersion of light
Practical Science for 11-16s: Refraction and dispersion of light
Wednesday 18th January 2023
Location: Wesley Hall, Crookes, Sheffield.
Links to the Edexcel specification practical 3.19: "investigate the refractive index of glass, using a glass block".
Students will be supported to carry out a range of student-led explorations and investigations to explore refraction and dispersion of light. They will be supported to develop the experimental skills that are assessed in IGCSE examinations. They will have opportunities to further their knowledge and understanding of ray diagrams, the refractive index, total internal refraction and the law of refraction, and to develop exam technique and understanding of key words and terminology.
All tasks are carefully differentiated to allow students at any stage of their IGCSE journey to access learning at a level that is suitable to them individually.
Upon booking you will receive an automated receipt of your payment by email. You will receive a further email from Sparking STEM within 24 hours with confirmation of your booking and a link to complete registration for your student(s). Registration will provide you with the opportunity to notify Sparking STEM of any particular needs your child may have.
Please check your junk / spam folder. If you have not heard received confirmation of your booking within 24 hours and contact Sparking STEM.
Included with your booking:
- Small group (max. 10) tuition and guidance from a fully qualified and exam-experienced (PGCE, QTS) science teacher
- All equipment, materials and resources for practical, experimental science and activity-focused tuition.
- Exam questions, mark schemes and model answers to take home
- Room hire, tax, comprehensive public liability insurance, heating (and hand gel!)
Please read the following policies carefully registrations cannot be processed without agreement to these policies:
By making this booking you are agreeing to the cancellation policy.