Chemistry decoration with educational video
A sparkling model of the precipitation reaction between lead II nitrate and potassium iodide. It comes with a QR code linking to a video where you can watch the chemical reaction and learn all about it!
This tiny model is made with real laboratory glassware and makes a beautiful, sparkly plant or Christmas decoration, desk ornaments and more...
Perfect to inspire and educate children, or anyone who loves science!
- Included is one model, representing the precipitation reaction between lead II nitrate + potassium iodide precipitation (also known as the "Golden Rain reaction")
- It comes with QR code that links to an online video where we demonstrate the actual chemistry that inspired it. Decoration with education!
- Dimensions: Conical flask height ~6cm
- Weight: 32grams (unboxed).
- Hand crafted: each one is unique but made with equal care and attention to detail, they may vary slightly from photos.
- Contains 100% plastic-free, biodegradable bio-glitter (see details below)
- Made of laboratory grade borosilicate glass which is more shock resistant and temperature resistant than ordinary glass
- Filled with epoxy resin
- Note, this is a model only and does not contain any of the actual chemicals described in the chemistry!
! Please note that as these are made with glass they are not recommended for young children and babies.
We use "Bio-Glitter". After much research it turns out that most "biodegradable glitters" are not so biodegradable after all (read more here). We use "Bio-glitter", which has been independently certified to biodegrade in normal conditions in the natural environment, including in fresh water. It is 100% plastic-free and is made from regenerated eucalyptus cellulose that is responsibly sourced.
Card and packaging:
Your set comes in plastic-free packaging and recycled card. We use paper not plastic tape.
No hidden costs
Postage and packing is FREE on orders over £12, and only £3.50 on orders under £12.
VAT is already included.
Take me to: