Snake shed pendants / necklaces (with free postage)
Real, naturally-shed snake skin, handcrafted into a silver-plated pendant with video link to meet the snake and learn about ecdysis (skin-shedding).
Available as a silver-plated pendant only, or with waxed-cotton cord and fittings with extender chain.
- Cruelty free (Snakes naturally shed their skin every few months and our snake's shed is recycled into these pendants (and key rings)
- Handmade - captured in resin on hand-painted metallic background.
- Silver-plated pendant (real silver, not silver-painted/coloured)
- Velvet pouch included - each comes in a velvet pouch (colour-coordinated, as shown in photos, subject to availability)
- Educational (each comes educational video link card)
- Lead and Nickel-free.
Decoration with education!
Meet the snake whose skin is in your pendant, and learn about "Ecdysis", the process of skin-shedding!
Simply scan the QR code on the card that comes with your pendant and watch the video to learn about our beautiful pet corn snake and how, why and when she sheds her skin.
Each pendant is handmade and contains a unique section of real, naturally-shed skin from our pet corn snake (her name is Nagini). Corn snakes, like all snakes, naturally shed their skin several times a year (the process is called "Ecdysis") so that they can get rid of the old skin to reveal a beautiful new one underneath. It doesn't cause them any distress and the shed "skin" is simply discarded. Availability of these pendants (and the key ring version, SnaKey Rings) is limited by the rate our snake sheds her skin, so please be patient if stocks are low and let us know if you'd like us to let you know when your choice of colour is in stock, or if you'd like a colour that you don't currently see here.
Handmade and unique
Please note that as each one is handmade individually, there may be subtle variations from the photos. Each background is hand painted with metallic paint and the shed is captured in resin, which is carefully applied to each one to bring out the shimmer of the background with a robust finish. Each one is unique, but made with equal care and attention to detail.
Available in six colours (see photos), Green, Gold, Blue, Purple, Red and Copper and each comes in a velvet pouch (colour coordinated, subject to availability). Make your selection from the drop down menu below. If you'd like a colour you don't see here, let us know, it's just possible we may be able to help.
- Pendant: silver plated (lead and nickel free)
- Clasps and extender chain: metal alloy, (lead and nickel free)
- Pendant diameter: 18mm
- Pendant loop internal diameter is 2mm (fits a 1.5mm diameter cord or chain)
- Weight (pendant only): approx. 2.8g (as each is individually made there is very slight variation)
- Cord: waxed cotton (cruelty-free, vegan friendly)
- Cord length: ~37cm, extender chain gives the option of additional 45mm. Contact us if you would like a bespoke length, we may be able to help.
- Each one comes with video link card, and a velvet, colour-coordinated, drawstring pouch (measuring 5x7cm)
Postage is free
Free Royal Mail postage included.
Or collect in person for free from Outdoor STEM sessions in Sheffield, UK (only available during term time. (Select this option at checkout).
We only use recyclable, plastic-free packaging.
The snake skin has been naturally shed by a healthy and much-loved pet snake. Your key ring is sent to you in a recyclable cardboard box made of 59.9% recycled material. We use paper tape, not plastic.