Power a paper boat with surface tension!
+ Watch exciting demonstrations!
+ Experience some colourful surface tension displays!
+ The older groups will also learn about the polarity of water, covalent bonding, cohesion and adhesion.
Your home-education journal is already written!
In your booking confirmation email you'll receive a summary of the keywords, key concepts and student activities planned for this session. You can simply copy, paste and adapt it for your home-education journal and use it to help you discuss the learning with your child afterwards.
Tuesday 7th February
5-8s group: 11 - 11:50am (UK GMT)
8-12s group: 1 - 1:50pm (UK GMT)
11-15s group: 2:10 - 3pm (UK GMT)
(Select from the options below).
Equipment (To join an entirely optional practical)
It is a good idea to have a whiteboard or paper, pen, ruler and calculator to hand in each session.
- Large bowl or tray of water (take care near electronics)
- Washing up liquid / liquid soap (a few mL)
- Paper clip (regular size, not plastic coated)
- A small bowl or glass of water
- A 1p coin (other coins would also work)
- Paper tissue / toilet tissue paper (not tissue paper or normal writing paper)
- Pipette / dropper
- Small dish of full fat milk (not skimmed or semi-skimmed, high fat content essential!)
- food colouring (range of colours if possible)
- Cotton buds / “Q tips” (optional)
- Cloth in case of spills
What might younger students need help with?
Younger students might need help to keep liquids away from electronics and to avoid spills. They may need help using a pipette or dropper if they are not familiar with one. They may need help to change the water in the tray/ bowl.
Price is for one device (screen) to join for one session.
Upon booking you will receive a photography consent form and opportunity to let us know about any Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).