Smart materials pack
Smart materials are amazing, reactive substances that change before your eyes! Great for experiments, amazement and fun!
A letterbox size pack containing five smart materials with a QR code linking to our educational YouTube video for ideas, inspiration and information about the science behind how they work.
Includes FREE delivery
Introductory price, only £12.95
A perfect package for home experiments, parties, stocking fillers, birthdays, Christmas, or just for fun:
- Thermochromic pigment * changes colour with heat
- Memory wire "remembers" it's straight when dropped in very hot water (90C)
- UV Beads change colour in ultra violet / sun light, or glow in the dark (10 of each)
- Phosphorescent film glows brightly in the dark after exposure to light
- Thermochromic film changes colour according to temperature
- Thermochromic pigment *: (min. 1.5g) in a screw top, metal tin
- Memory wire: 10cm length of nickel titanium alloy wire
- UV Beads: ten plastic beads that change colour in ultra violet light / sunlight and ten that glow in the dark when activated with ultra violet light / sunlight. Beads measure approx. 8mm in diameter, 6mm in height. The hole is approx. 3mm. Contained in a paper envelope.
- Phosphorescent film: Self adhesive backed, measuring approx. 5cm x 10cm
- Thermochromic film: Self adhesive backed, measuring approx. 5cm x 5cm
- All in a cardboard large letter sized box, with plastic-free packaging and QR code linking to our You tube video where you can find ideas and inspiration for activities and experiments as well as information about how they work.
* Please read the storage and safety information in your pack before use.
Postage is free
Free Royal Mail 2nd class large letter postage is included in the price.
We only use recyclable, plastic-free packaging.
You might also like: