Sound - 11th July
See and feel what sound is and learn how it travels!
+ Make a device to see sound and control it with your voice!
+Watch exciting demonstrations about sound waves and amplitude!
+ The older groups will also learn about amplitude, frequency, pitch and oscilloscopes.
Your home-education journal is already written!
In your booking confirmation email you'll receive a summary of the keywords, key concepts and student activities planned for this session. You can simply copy, paste and adapt it for your home-education journal and use it to help you discuss the learning with your child afterwards.
8-12s group: 1 - 1:50pm (UK GMT)
11-16s group: 2:10 - 3pm (UK GMT)
(Select from the options below).
Equipment (To join an entirely optional practical)
It is a good idea to have a whiteboard or paper, pen, ruler and calculator to hand in each session.
- A metal fork
- String (two lengths each of about 50cm)
- A cup / glass (sturdy plastic or glass)
- Scissors (take care with sharps)
- A drinking straw (ideally not disposable plastic: any material, or a range straws of different materials)
- Table salt / sand
- Pin / needle (sharp)
- Elastic band
- Balloons (the round sort, one and some spares ideally)
- Whiteboard and pen / pen paper
- Eye protection recommended (but not essential)
What might younger students need help with?
Younger students might need help with tying knots, careful use of sharp scissors
Price is for one device (screen) to join for one session.
Upon booking you will receive a photography consent form and opportunity to let us know about any Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).