Fluorescence chemistry - make a glow in the dark lava lamp!
Make a glow in the dark lava lamp!
(Whilst learning about fluorescence chemistry)!
+ Learn the difference between fluorescent and luminescent
+Make an amazing glow in the dark lava lamp!
+ Watch amazing demonstrations
+ The older groups will also learn about the electromagnetic spectrum and atomic structure.
Tuesday 9th November
5-8s group: 11 - 11:50am (UK GMT)
9-13s group: 1 - 1:50pm (UK GMT)
11-15s group: 2:10 - 3pm (UK GMT)
(Select from the options below).
Equipment (To join an entirely optional practical)
It is a good idea to have a whiteboard or paper, pen, ruler and calculator to hand in each session.
- "Blacklight" / UV torch (hazard: do not shine in eyes)
- Table cloth / mat / tray
- Highlighter pen, any colour (one you don't mind being destroyed)
- paper or card (black if possible)
- small plastic bottle (300mL or less ideally) smooth sided if possible, with lid.
- Vit C tablets / "Alka seltzer" / other effervescent tablet (supervise medicines if necessary)
- Baby oil (ideally) / vegetable oil
- cup of water
- ability to darken the room if possible!
- A glass / small jug / beaker
- Towel or cloth
- Pipette or syringe
- Pliers (supervision recommended), scissors may do
- A funnel may be helpful
Links suggest sources of appropriate resources
Price is for one student for one session.
Upon booking you will receive a photography consent form and opportunity to let us know your child's name and about any Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
By booking you are agreeing to read and abide by the privacy, safety and cancellation policies. (Opens in a separate window).