Energy transfers for 8-12s - Make an energy transfer marble run!
Tuesday 21st November 2023: 1-1.50pm
Watch and make some crazy chain reactions!
+ Make a chain reaction marble run and learn about energy transfers within!
+ Watch some fiery, exciting and satisfying chain reactions!
Your home-education journal is already written!
Your booking confirmation will include a digital download containing joining instructions and link, equipment list and a summary of the keywords, key concepts and student activities planned for this session. You can simply copy, paste and adapt it for your home-education journal and use it to help you discuss the learning with your child afterwards.
Equipment (To join an entirely optional practical)
It is a good idea to have a whiteboard or paper, pen, ruler and calculator to hand in each session.
- Jumbo lolly sticks (as many as possible, at least 10)
- Table top / floor space
- A4 size thick, corrugated card (e.g. side of a cardboard box)
- Paper straws (min. 5)
- At least 2 standard sized marbles (choking hazard, keep away from young children)
- Glue stick or similar quick drying glue for paper / card
- Two sharp pencils
- ‘Blue tak’ or similar
- Felt tip or fine marker pen
- A range of small items such as paper clips, small bells, drawing pins, anything similar you have to hand (take care with sharp pins)
What might younger students need help with?
Younger students might need help with arranging and bending lolly sticks, using pins carefully and glueing.
Price is for one device (screen) to join for one session.
Upon booking you will receive a digital download (available for one year) with joining instructions and link, equipment list, home-ed journal text and registration form link (for photography consent form and opportunity to let us know any relevant needs),